Caring for our youngest and most vulnerable
Imaging children1 poses challenges, such as different disease types, different physiology and behavior - all have a direct impact on MRI pediatric imaging. Learn about our complete spectrum of solutions to overcome these challenges and create a safe, efficient, and child-friendly environment.
Help reduce fear and anxiety before an MR exam
Have fun helping your young patients build an MRI scanner model while explaining the exam procedure.2 The MR paper models offer you the chance to explain the exam steps in an easy and entertaining way. Additionally, you may use our app to provide a virtual exam experience and prepare your patients for the examination.
Reduce sound pressure by up to 97%3
Quiet Suite4 lets you improve pediatric patients' experience significantly.1 Now you can conduct complete, quiet neurological and orthopedic exams, with no compromises in image quality.
- Reduced risks with pediatric and fetal imaging
- No compromises in image quality
- Reduced need for sedation and/or rescans
- Optimized patient comfort, especially for delicate patients
Light-weight, high-density, coils
Small, high-density coils close to the body are needed to ensure high-SNR, high-resolution, fast imaging without risk from excess weight.
- New Pediatric 165 for safe, comfortable positioning of infants and high-resolution imaging of the brain. It can be combined with the spine, body and flex coils for whole body imaging
- Standard Body and Flex coils: extremely light, flexible, and can be safely placed on or wrapped around a child
- Special Purpose Coil for high-resolution, smaller-FoV imaging.
Improve access and workflow
Improve access and create a more comfortable and friendly atmosphere for your pediatric patients.
- 70 cm Open Bore and ultra-short magnet length improve access
- Features such as the Illumination MoodLight create a more friendly atmosphere for your patients
- Prepare your patients outside the scanner room with the Tim Dockable Table
1The safety of imaging infants under two years of age has not been established. The responsible physician must evaluate the benefits of the MR examination compared to those of other imaging procedures.
2Please contact your local sales representative to receive your copies. CAUTION: This is not a toy, use intended under adult supervision only. Paper models are intended for educational purposes only, and must be built under the supervision of a healthcare professional, with the intention of assisting on the preparation for the examination.
3Results may vary. Data on file.
4The products/features shown on this webpage are not commercially available in all countries. Due to regulatory reasons their future availability cannot be guaranteed. Please contact your local Siemens Healthineers organization for further details.
5The product is still under development and not commercially available yet. Its future availability cannot be ensured.