Conventional 2D imaging may not always provide enough information to safeguard correct placement of screws and implants. Intraoperative 3D imaging can therefore be an important factor in improving surgical outcomes.
To provide 3D capabilities that can be seamlessly integrated into clinical routine, we developed Cios Spin®1: a mobile 2D and 3D C-arm for intraoperative quality assurance. Easy to integrate into your surgical routine, it features dedicated 3D technologies that allow you to confirm your planned results.
Cutting edge mobile 3D imaging for intraoperative quality assurance
- More certainty in demanding cases
- More efficiency in intraoperative 3D
- More cost-effectiveness in surgery
Features & Benefits
Cios Spin®1 provides you with new insights that give you more certainty in surgical routine – and full control over your procedures. It can help you improve outcomes, reduce operational costs and risks, work efficiently, and increase your institution’s reputation.
More certainty in demanding cases
When it comes to placement of screws and implants in demanding procedures, conventional 2D imaging may not always provide enough information.
In order to safeguard optimal surgical outcome and be able to perform intraoperative corrections to avoid postoperative complications, surgeons greatly benefit from
intraoperative tools that let them confirm their planned results.
Cios Spin enables precise intraoperative quality control based on dedicated 3D technologies. Allowing surgeons to confirm their results, Cios Spin delivers the intraoperative tools to help safeguard optimal surgical outcome.
Confidently evaluate your case with intraoperative 3D: Retina 3D
- Precise 3D visualization of finest structures
- Clearly see anatomical structures, implants, screws, and devices
- Exceptional image quality thanks to Retina 3D scan technology, 16 cm x 16 cm x 16 cm volume, metal artifact reduction2, and iso-centric technology
Outstanding 3D image quality in heavy patients and dense tissue: High Power 3D
- Provides the power you need when you need it
- 25 kW power output2 with up to 250 mA tube current
- Energy Storage Unit (ESU)2 buffers energy to triple the applicable power
Seamless integration with navigation: NaviLink 3D2
- Digital interface to connect with certified navigation systems
- Automatically transfers 3D datasets to the navigation systems
- For combined use of image-guided and navigated surgery
More efficiency in intraoperative 3D
In daily routine, it’s all about increasing efficiency. If 3D intraoperative imaging is too cumbersome, causes delays in the workflow, or requires hard‐to‐learn know‐how, it is often not considered for clinical routine.
Cios Spin is built on a concept as smart as plug-and‐play. For efficient and uninterrupted surgical workflows, Cios Spin comes with feature packages such as Easy 3D: easy to learn, easy to use, and easy to integrate into your surgical routine.
3D made quick and easy: Easy 3D
- 3D scan in 30 seconds
- Intuitive step-by-step guidance
- Easy-to-use 3D visualization functions via the touch user interface
Simplify intraoperative screw assessment: Screw Scout2
- Automatic localization of screws in 3D
- Optimal view to localized screws automatically provided
- Instant start of screw assessment, right on the precise image data, right on the precisely adjusted view
- Easy toggling through the detected screws
Giving you space for demanding setups: Wide-space C-arm
- 93 cm (36.6”) tube-detector distance
- Sufficient room even in space-consuming setups
- Safely maneuver the C-arm around obese patients and large anatomy
Get it right at first attempt: Target Pointer2
- Auxiliary tool that particularly supports learning physicians
- Delivers a trajectory helping to optimally position k-wires or other devices
- Target Pointer is intended to save time and dose while positioning k-wires
More cost-effectiveness in surgery
If malplaced screws and implants are not detected intraoperatively, additional costs can arise. These include costs of revision surgeries, longer hospital stays, additional postoperative diagnostics, and liability issues.
The ability to perform intraoperative corrections based on 3D images acquired with Cios Spin may help you to reduce subsequent costs.
Whether it is, for example, by reducing complication rates, postoperative CT scans, or patients’ duration of stay, intraoperative 3D with Cios Spin can positively impact your department’s financial performance – and is an investment that pays off.
Profit from intraoperative 3D: Enhance cost effectiveness
- Intraoperative 3D pays off
- 3D technology may help you to reduce revision surgery
- Intended to save postoperative diagnostics, shorten hospital stays, and reduce liability risks
In Cios Spin1, high-end 3D technology meets efficiency and precision. Learn more about what is inside.